Are you looking for a painless and inexpensive way to quickly update the interior of your home?? One simple way to modernize a home is to update the air vents! Your vents can easily make a living space outdated and throw off the feel of the room if they do not match the design in your home. Most vents are metal grates which can look very drab and plain. To give your home an extra touch of style we have put together a list of 7 ideas for updating your air vent covers to keep your home updated!
- Wallpaper: if your vent cover is a large customized size that comes with a discouraging large price tag, wallpaper might be a great option for you. With wallpaper you can match the design concept of the room and cover up any rust or worn vents. The only thing you’ll have to make sure of is to cut out each slit from the grates.
- Spray Paint: another inexpensive route you can take is to spray paint the air vent covers. Now days there are many types of spray paints. Hardware stores even carry textured, chrome spray, brass spray and a wide variety of other colors to match a room’s style.
- Rubber Welcome Mat: think a welcome mat has one use? Think again! If you find a rubber welcome mat with a neat design that you like, you can easily have it tacked to cover an old air vent.
- Hinged Door Frame: making a customized frame and door to cover a vent can easily change the look of your living space. The frame will add a polished look to an old outdated air vent.
- Aesthetic Cabinet: if you need a little extra storage space and want to update the look — a cabinet is for you! Guests will be completely unaware that your air vent is being disguised.
- Sheet Metal: a piece of framed sheet metal with a neat design pattern can update the look of your living space in a flash! P.S BELOMAN has a sheet metal shop at our office location!
- Old Shutter: if you’re a fan of the HGTV show ‘Fixer Upper’ and gravitate towards a more rustic décor style — a shutter would be a great idea for you. Shutters are able to cover an old vent all while still allowing air to properly flow.
In all of the cases mentioned above the most important factor to keep in mind is to always make sure proper air flow is accessible from the new vent covers. If your new concept is blocking the air flow into or out of the room you will have a problem regulating the temperature of your home. Make your home a #BELOMANhome today! If you would like further information you can give us a call at (618) B-E-L-O-M-A-N or visit our website here. We would love to help you today! For any HVAC or plumbing repairs, installations, indoor air quality, sheet metal/fabrication or pest solution help give us a call. Like always, the #BELOMAN is here to save the day! BELIEVE IN THE BELOMAN WAY! We’re the only HVAC and plumbing company in the Metro East to receive the 2016 Better Business Bureau TORCH Award for ethical business practice. The award honors excellent commitment to customer service through exceptional standards for ethical business practices.
“If Comfort Is Your Plan, Call The BELOMAN!”