Everyone loves saving money, right? Right! Are you shocked every month when you see your utility bill? Turns out, there are several ways to conserve energy and save you money on these bills! From quick fixes to more complex costly changes even doing a few changes can help you start saving money. We’ve come up with a list of 5 ways YOU can conserve energy year round:
- LIGHTS, camera, action: the light bulbs in your home are a larger part of your utility bill! Cheaper bulbs are known to waste a lot of heat energy and have a shorter lifespan. By switching to LED light bulbs you’ll be changing your light bulbs less often saving you money!
- Insulate, insulate, insulate: if your home is not properly insulated you could have energy escaping through weak spots. During the summer, poor insulation can make it hard to keep your home cool causing stress to your HVAC. Ensuring your home is properly insulation will help you save energy and save money in the long run.
- Rid the leaks: if your home is leaking air allowing the cool air to escape during the summer it can make it more difficult to keep your home cool. An energy audit can be performed to notice problem areas so they can be sealed to avoid losing energy and wasting money!
- Vampires be gone: vampire energy is the energy consumed by appliances and electronics left plugged in but not in use. Believe it or not these sneaky vampires can run up your energy bills. Going around your home to unplug unused appliances and electronics is a quick and simple way to conserve energy year round!
- Update windows: ensuring your windows are newer and efficient can help make cooling your home in the summer far easier. New installed windows come with excellent insulation properties that can be felt immediately after installation.
All in all, if you’ve tried improving your home in the 5 methods above and still feel like you’re losing energy or not properly cooling your home you may need to discuss the issue with a HVAC professional to see if a repair or replacement of your HVAC system could help conserve energy! We have the right people to help find out your problem areas in order to save energy year round. “If Comfort Is Your Plan, Call the BELOMAN” (618) BEL-OMAN www.beloman.com