Bed bugs can be one of the most nuisance household pests. They’re sneaky and can appear out of nowhere! With every pest issue, there are signs that can indicate bed bugs are present in your home. Knowing what to look for will help you quickly notify a pest control professional in order to keep the problem under control. Here are 6 signs that bed bugs are present in your home:
- Waking up with random bites in the morning. These bites can be distinguished from another common household pest—fleas! Bed bug bites are raised flat welts that are usually 3-4 bites in a straight line.
- Bed bugs aren’t present, but fecal stains are present in crevices. Check the edges of your mattress for dark colored fecal matter which can indicate a presence of bed bugs.
- The piping of your mattress tells you a lot! These pests are commonly found in the piping around the outer edges of your bed. Examine these spaces to find their common nesting grounds.
- Tiny bloodstains on sheets. These may be alarming to find, but bed bugs have actually been known to leave tiny stains on sheets. This visible sign is a quick indicator of bed bugs.
- Activity is apparent during their hunting time late at night when movement isn’t frequent. If you’re having a hard time finding these pests in the daytime, it might be a good idea to wait until late into the night, use a flashlight, and be sure to make very little movement. Your chances of catching them in the act will increase!
- There is evidence inside your nightstands, crevices of close objects i.e. baseboards, electrical sockets, and curtains. Aside from your mattress you should also check these close areas that are commonly overlooked and can house bed bugs.
If you are experiencing any of these 6 signs it might be time to call a pest control professional. While it may seem simple to control such small pests it actually can be quite a chore! Give us a call today to schedule one of our trusted and qualified professionals to help you! (618) 235-8878 or visit our website here.
Don’t Forget to Like, Follow, & Check Us Out on Social Media!
For more information on bed bugs: http://deafvillage.com/identify-inspecting-for-bed-bugs/