We’ve survived Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. It’s amazing how many days you can contribute to shopping and holiday cheer in one week. Maybe a vacation day should be schedule in there to rest from the holidays, or that’s our feeling.
It’s the time of year when furnaces are kicking on, or breaking down. We’re dedicating this blog post to learning the preventative maintenance required for your furnace. First, I would like you to watch this short video on the consequence of not completing your routine furnace maintenance.
Here is a ten point blanket checklist. This is not a replacement for service and routine maintenance, only a guide to help homeowners educate themselves on how to make their furnace last as long as possible.
- Check entire furnace for loose or worn parts, abnormal vibrations and proper venting
- Check the heat exchanger, if accessible
- Check electrical circuit to furnace including thermostat and thermostat wiring
- Check gas valve operation, adjust gas pressure if needed
- Check, clean & adjust pilot burner as needed
- Check air filter
- Check ignition system
- Check and lubricate blower motor
- Check electrical/safety circuits for proper operation
- Operate furnace and adjust for peak operating efficiency
Belo is always able to come out and check your furnace for preventative maintenance or issue that you maybe having. We service the greater Belleville, IL area. It maybe nice and sunny out now, but it’s never justifiable to be without heat in 32 degree weather. Think ahead and think Bel-O Sales & Service.
The answer to today’s Facebook post & title question: ‘A Reptile Dysfunction‘
If you have a great HVAC/ plumbing/ or home maintenance joke you would like us to feature, send us a message! We are on Facebook too!