If you found that our blog last week pertained to your home then this week’s blog will be right up your alley! If you are finding that your temperatures are fluctuating from room to room you may want to look into Zone Control System. What is a Zone Control System and how does it work? We’re here to help!
What is a Zone Control System?: A Zone Control System is a way for you to allow specific areas of your home or office to have their own thermostat. These kinds of systems are the most efficient method to keep your home comfortable and save money.
How Does It Work?: In order for your home or office to experience a Zone Control System, individual thermostats will be connected to a central panel. This central panel will then control your ducts, dampers and the cooling or heating path to the different zones of your choice. Zones can be used for a single room, 2 or more rooms and even an entire floor! Research from the U.S. Energy Department finds that Zone Control Systems can save homeowners up to 30% on a typical heating or cooling bill!
All in all, if you’re in the market to control temperatures in certain zones of your home or office, are looking to save money and energy while staying comfortable then a Zone Control System could be a perfect addition! If you are wanting more information on this type of system for your home then contact our office today to speak to a certified HVAC professional. (618) BEL-OMAN or visit our website here.
Don’t Forget To Check Us Out On Social Media!
So you’re in the market to replace your AC or schedule a repair, but you don’t know where to start or who to choose?? We’re here to help! When choosing a company to work on your HVAC system it’s important to completely trust the company who will be visiting your home. If you’re hesitant about who to choose or where to start you’re in the right place!
Where Do I Start??:
1. Collect referrals: when searching for a company to choose always start by asking your friends, family and neighbors. Asking those close to you will give you honest answers with experience to back it up.
2. Do your research: always be sure to do your research by checking out the company website to ensure they’re a legitimate company. By taking just a few minutes to check out the website you’ll be able to learn a lot!
3. Know the facts and your options: in addition to doing your research, there is also certain facts you should know! You should know that size matters…don’t allow the company you choose to guess on the size of unit for your home. To avoid installing a system too small (will cause your unit stress to keep up) or too large (won’t be efficient), careful calculations and measurements should be conducted by the HVAC estimator. You should also know your options. There are several options when it comes to choosing a fancy thermostat and even the type of your system–whether it be a boiler, furnace, heat pump, or air conditioner.
How Do I Know I’m Choosing The Best Company??:
1. Read online reviews: when determining if you are choosing the best company always be sure to read their online reviews. Online reviews will give you first hand insight from people just like you who have worked with the company in the past. If the company has a very low number of reviews or a low star rating it’s normal to be skeptical. Always do your research to find a company with a trustworthy amount of reviews and high star rating.
2. Don’t accept verbal offers: when dealing with the company over the phone, never accept verbal offers. Sometimes a ballpark figure can be used; however, a trustworthy HVAC contractor will always want to visit your home to take a look at what you have and take measurements rather than throwing you a specific dollar amount. You should also make sure to receive your contract as a hard copy showing all of the specifications you have agreed to.
3. Be careful about the lowest bid: if you jump on the first lowest estimate you could be in for a pack of trouble. The lowest estimate you were given does not always mean the best. Low ball offers can be an issue when it comes to reflecting the quality of service you receive. Be sure to consider every angle of the estimate in order to direct you towards the best company. Big investments should be given careful consideration.
4. Were you given options?: if you’re dealing with a reputable HVAC company there should be a discussion for various options you can choose from. If your contractor offers you only one option it could be a sign they are trying to push that certain unit to you in an attempt to avoid an warehouse inventory conflict. Your contractor should always have your best interest in mind when taking your requests into consideration.
5. Is the company licensed?: whenever choosing the best HVAC company always choose the one that is licensed and insured! This one speaks for itself!
Hopefully everything you’ve read here will provide more guidance towards finding the best HVAC contractor for your needs. Always always always do your research and read online reviews for the best backing! All in all, If Comfort Is Your Plan, Call The BELOMAN!
Don’t Forget To Check Us Out On Social Media!
Smart thermostats, smart lighting, smart this, smart that…everything now days is being technologically advanced! The next addition to add to the list of gadgets in your home is smart thermostats. Technology now makes it possible to help you monitor your water consumption saving you money on your utility bills.
What is it?
On the market right now there is actually a smart thermostat which filters and measures how much water you’re consuming. According to the co-founder of the product you’ll be able to connect any smart device, such as a smartphone, to the faucet where the consumer will be able to keep tabs on their watering system. Notifications available through a smart device will include: how much water is being consumed, the condition of the current filter, and the quality of the water.
Some may wonder why it would be necessary to purchase a smart faucet. Many choose to purchase a smart faucet because it helps regulate the amount of water your family is consuming. You can also receive notifications reminding you to turn the faucet off when brushing your teeth, as well as, notifications informing you of an early detected possible leak. All in all, these smart faucets are designed to help you conserve water saving you money in the long haul. The best part of this smart faucet is the fact that you don’t need to install a new faucet. Rather than installing a new faucet, this smart device attaches to your existing plumbing fixture working with any faucet you currently have in place.
If this new piece of technology is something that interest you or if you would like more information on installing a new faucet, be sure to contact a qualified plumber! Visit our website or contact us here!
Don’t Forget to Check Us Out On Social Media!
-For more information on the smart faucet trend visit this website.